Thursday, July 14, 2005

Hammer pants!

Who can forget those crazy baggy pants popularized by M.C. Hammer back in the day? Some clothing manufacturer out there, apparently, not only remembers the Hammer pants, but has produced a low-rise version for women. Swear to god, I saw a chick on the sidewalk today wearing knit Hammer pants. Tight around the ankle, crotch curving in at the knees (ample room for knee-length balls if she had 'em), and a folded-over low-rise waistband. It was accessorized nicely with a spiky jewelry thing protruding from her chin piercing.


I have got to get myself a camera phone.

6 comments:

Feral Mom said...

OK Orange, this might be some breach of blog etiquette, but I thought you should see this old post of mine on the subject of Hammer. It addresses the pants issue, among other things...

http://gonecompletelyferal.blogspot.com/2005/03/cant-touch-this.html

Orange said...

These newfangled Hammer pants should be right up your alley—the low rise will allow ample crackage when you bend over or do a Hammer-style dance.

bitchphd said...

You know what? I always liked the hammer pants. I'm glad they're back. They rock.

Psycho Kitty said...

But...but...I avoid pantyhose specifically because of the drop crotch. Who could voluntarily suffer like that? Is it a form of self-punishment?

Orange said...

Hammer pants rock because they're unisex. Maybe a little ludicrous, but unisex. Next project: Make casual sarong-type skirts acceptable garb for men who don't live in Indonesia.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just stumbled across your blog, and I have something to say on the subject.

First like to say that (my god!) low-rise hammer pants are simply un-called for!

And second, I had a pair of those pants before Hammer did and I actually had comments from Middle Eastern men along the lines of: "Those are from my country." (I also made a pair in velvet, very nice.)

Psycho Kitty: they are uber-comfortable, not annoying at all. Pantyhose pull on you, hammer pants leave you be...