Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Short takes

  • I saw a rainbow today.
  • I voted early! It took about 20 to 25 minutes, including waiting in line and using the touchscreen voting machine. Not too shabby—November 4th surely will involve longer waits.
  • This one SUV in a downtown parking garage has caught my eye a couple times. It's got consulate license plates. And a bunch of dog-lover decals on the back, celebrating a few different breeds. And also the Human Rights Campaign equal-sign decal. I saw the driver this morning, and he didn't really look like I envisioned a diplomatic gay dog lover looking. Maybe he's a straight diplomatic dog lover who supports equal marriage rights?

1 comment:

Klynn said...

Heh. I honked and waved today at a bunch of people standing on the corner with "vote NO on 2" signs. Prop 2 in my state is basically "marriage = man + woman"...definitely going to vote NO on that one. I think my gay friends (or any folks of that persuasion, whether I know them or not) should have the same rights as the rest of us to have a universally recognized form of commitment with all the benefits that entails.