Saturday, August 19, 2006

The old battle-ax

Ben was watching a cartoon this morning, and one character said, "I've got my battle-ready armor on!"

Now, some evenings when I'm watching TV (last night, Mr. Tangerine and I watched the ridiculous White Noise and the entertaining Sideways) or otherwise hanging around at home, I may reach a point at which a bra suddenly becomes the most uncomfortable thing in the world. So I'll extricate the bra and toss it on the back of the couch. My lightest and laciest underwire remained there this morning.

Ben draped it across his bare chest and said, "Mom, look! I've got my battle-ready armor!" Ha.

So of course, I didn't want to waste a teaching moment, and immediately showed him the difference between the most and least armored brassiere styles.

No, I didn't. Just kidding.

But now, I feel ready for the day in a whole new way. I'm dressed and properly armored, ready for what battles may come. Charge!

2 comments:

B.E.C.K. said...

Why do thoughts of Wonder Woman come to mind? :-)

My son thought my bra made a great hat. I guess it's less odd while he's young, rather than when he's, say, seventeen. ;^)

amusing said...

slingshot applications discussed yet? it always seems to work in the cartoons...