Monday, May 01, 2006

A little gross-out humor to usher in the week

If you're like me and the Feral Mom, you will savor every disgusting word of the "Steve, Don't Eat It" archives. I know I linked to this sometime last year, but Mr. Tangerine and I were talking about "making out with a hobo's ass" (the concept derives from Steve's account of eating natto, or fermented soybeans), so I had to seek this out again. And it turns out Steve the Adventurous Taster has added canned silkworm pupas to his repertoire since the last time I read his site. He documents his examination and ingestion of Potted Meat Food Product, pickled pork rinds, huitlacoche (fungus-infected corn), and assorted other indelicacies.

If you are of a dainty constitution, (a) I'm not sure why you're reading a low-class site like mine anyway, and (b) I must advise you in the strongest possible terms, do not click the link above.

4 comments:

The Absent Minded Housewife said...

I love Steve Don't Eat It.

You are too late. I last read it a few days ago.

Steve's got balls.

Mona Buonanotte said...

I LOVE Potted Meat Food Product! I actually have a can here at work, next to cans of tunafish. It's good on crackers and baby carrots.

Steve's a ballsy guy...the prison wine and infected corn made me gag up my breakfast.

Charlie said...

My biology teacher in highschool gave us extra credit if we'd eat something that looked very much like the silkworm pupas featured by Steve.

Because I'm a big wuss, I didn't do it.

DoctorMama said...

Since I was up all night spewing from both ends courtesy of a stomach bug, I must regretfully pass on clicking the link.