Friday, March 25, 2005

Remember Space Food Sticks?

From the 1970s? Chewy sticks of goodness, in must-have flavors like chocolate, peanut butter, chocolate mint, and butterscotch (if I recall correctly). Popular during the heyday of space-travel chic in the grocery store, a perfect counterpart to a glass of Tang.

There are places you can buy what purports to be genuine Space Food Sticks, manufactured freshly in the modern day. Word to the wise: Don't buy 'em. They suck. They're shaped wrong. And if the flavor is the same, then I had terrible taste in childhood. Resist the temptation.

3 comments:

Sergei C. said...

Post it again! Post it again! Yay!

Erudite Redneck said...

Tang and vodka, rocks, here!

Psycho Kitty said...

I LOVE YOU, SPACE FOOD STICKS!
Oh, man. Space Food Sticks and HR Puffenstuff.
Wanna hear something scary? When I was in college back in, oh, 89, my friend and I found a box in the back of her mom's cabinet. So they must've been--what? 7, 8 years old (minimum) by then?
We ate them. And they were goooood.