Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Out of the mouths of babes

The kid and I walked past Leather Sport's display windows en route to getting ice cream at Cold Stone Creamery (at the Boystown branch, where customers may fill the tip jar without fear of coercing the employees to burst into lame song) this afternoon. One of the mannequins was dressed in a leather mask, strappy leather vest, and a red bikini brief (with a book tucked in the front waistband, because after all, it's the holiday season, and books make lovely gifts).

The six-year-old exclaimed, "Look! A burglar wearing only red underpants!"

Really, a vest doesn't count as a shirt, so the kid's quite astute.

6 comments:

Lucky Star said...

And, frankly, the red underpants were probably the most eye-catching part! Yes...I said "frankly" in regard to a weenie-bikini...

Cold Stone Creamery. Curse you, Ms. Tangerine, for making me crave the evil, evil ice cream of the Gods!!! (that doesn't make sense, does it? Evil and godly?? I suck.)

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for my kids to grow up :D

meno said...

My daughter and i always wait until after we get and pay for our ice cream, throw a tip in the jar and run like hell.
Mmmm, ice cream.

Mona Buonanotte said...

I want to go shopping with you two!

ewe are here said...

hee hee

AllHomeSecurity said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.